It has been a while since I last released a theme. Yay for more free cute WordPress themes! I actually planned to release more than 2 themes this year but I guess that didn’t happen. Still, I am very happy to present you my latest wordpress theme for free download, Technowish. Yay!
Technowish wordpress theme is my
current previous wordpress theme or layout. It’s a cute, colorful, girly and did I mention cute blog theme. It used to be called Chocobluu but Technowish is way better and I feel like it’s awesome that the first ever theme/layout of Technowish.net is named after it. Initially I planned to release my own preloved wordpress themes for free download when I’m already using a new one but when I updated this layout’s look and feel just recently, I suddenly decided to release it. Well, I was actually planning to make a new theme for this blog but after finishing the updated version — I knew I wouldn’t let go of this theme just yet.
- Blue/red/pink/yellow/brown palette.
- Very good for cute, girly or any other kind of personal blogs.
- Compatible with the latest WordPress version, even lower ones.
- Compatible with most browsers.
- XHTML validated.
- With theme options for custom header logo and social network links. (No need to edit the code when changing the logo and inserting/changing to your SNS profile links!)
- Custom menus enabled.
- With Superfish dropdown for custom menus — horizontal nav style.
- Gravatars enabled in comments.
- Threaded comments enabled.
- Comes with a chibi avatar/facemark beside the post that shows the “mood” of the post. (Need to be configured when creating a post. For instructions how, please scroll down.)
Hi! If you like this theme, please don’t forget to subscribe to my RSS feed for updates on future releases. And please do like this blog on facebook! Thank you for taking a look at my theme and/or for downloading it!
How to install
- Download the theme (technowish.zip).
- Extract technowish.zip to a folder.
- Upload the folder in wp-content/themes directory in your WordPress installation.
- Go to WordPress Dashboard>Appearance>Themes and look for Technowish theme and click activate.
- Download the theme (technowish.zip).
- Go to WordPress Dashboard>Appearance>Themes>Install Themes>Upload and upload the zip file and then activate it.
How to include the “facemark” or “mood avatar” to a post
Before I continue, I just want to clear that, you can also opt to not use the facemark feature of the theme. No need to change anything in the layout.
- To include a “facemark” or “mood avatar” to a post, you must know how the custom fields work.
- Somewhere in your Posts Add New Screen (or the page where you create/edit your posts, you’ll find a section called “Custom Fields”:
In order to include a facemark/mood avatar, you must type in the word “facemark” (without the quotes, small caps, and just facemark, no other words will work) in the Name field and type the “available moods” (in small caps) in the Value field.
- As you can see in the facemark chart above, the available moods are listed in the chart. (Please do refer to this chart when adding facemarks to your posts.) As of now, the moods are only limited to the ones listed: yay, happy, geeky, delighted, pokerface, unsure, sad, crying, mad. I might add more facemarks in the future, so stay tuned!
- When you’re done with the Name and Value fields, just click “Add Custom Field”. (By this time, you might want to click Save Draft, update or publish the post. Just wanna remind you that clicking “Add Custom Field” is not the same as saving or publishing your post. )
How to change header/logo and configure Social network links
You know with years of experience with wordpress theme developing, I learned a lot of things along the way. This includes making the life of the end user, or blogger who are not tech savvy or code savvy, so much easier! And that’s by not making them bother with all the codes and stuff.
- To change the logo, go to WordPress Dashboard>Appearance>Themes >Theme Options and you’ll see an option to paste your new logo url. Note: It’s up to you whether you want to copy my style and use the redish/pinkish logo style or make a whole new different one. I uploaded the base (or background) of the logo, you can download the PSD if you want. Jut a reminder, the size of the logo should be 260px by 101px or it will ruin the layout, unless you know how to adjust it.
- To configure the social network links, also go WordPress Dashboard>Appearance>Themes >Theme Options. Let’s say you don’t have a facebook account, you can leave the facebook field blank in the Theme Options – the facebook icon will then disappear from the icons in the homepage.
I think that’s it! If I forgot something — or if you have questions, comments, suggestion, feel free to leave a comment in this post. If you’re looking for more free cute WordPress themes, check my other WordPress themes.